Grams & Percentages
- 500 g flour (500 g bread)
- 398 g water (79.6% hydration)
- 118 g levain (23.5% inoculation)
- 8 g salt (1.6%)
- 9:00 am — fed starter
- 4:30 pm — start autolyse
- 5:45 pm — add levain (1:15h autolyse + 8:45h starter)
- 6:15 pm — add salt
- 6:45 pm — modified counter lamination
- 7:45 pm — bowl fold #1
- 8:15 pm — bowl fold #2
- 8:45 pm — bowl fold #3
- 9:40 pm — pre-shaping
- 10:00 pm — shape loaf and place in banneton for 12h retard
- preheat oven 500°
- bake: lid on 25m, lid off 10m
- remove loaf from cast iron, allow to rest for 4h
- Didn’t intend to start the dough today, but the starter was incredibly active straight out of the fridge.
- Really happy with the hydration level for a 100% bread flour loaf. 78-80% hydration has become a tried and true level.
- Super airy, buoyant dough.
- Corey got to try his hand at scoring which was surprisingly more fun (for me) than scoring myself. Clearly he did a great job because the lift of this dough was beautiful.